Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New York Trip

Last Week I went to New York with 4 other great girlfriends! What a trip...it was 4 days of FUN! None of us had really been to NYC and we had seen the bags that come from careful combing of the streets. So having been properly prepared by asking, coercing, and subterfuge we found the "best" places to buy purses in the CITY. Yes, i will admit right now..we didn't want to see the sights..we wanted bags.
So we set off in search of the $10 tables, the Chinatown backrooms, and Battery Park hawkers. And boy did we find them. At first we were timid..a little unsure of how low to go when bartering with the sellers of fine reproduction purses, but soon we were experts. No low was too low and sometimes we walked away with the prize and sometimes we (or should I say I) was rudely pushed out by angry shopowners screaming "I no like you....Get OUT of store. GO GO GO..."


Nicole(the planner of the trip), Stacie, Ashlee, Sara, and I tromped through the rainy streets of New York trying to decide on the sights to see in our limited time and funds. We saw the Statue of Liberty, the World Trade Center sight,and several other interesting things..ha,ha.

1 comment:

yoyis said...

I am so envious!!! I am sure you had a great time in NYC!!! How fun!! and I miss you....aurora